Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Blind Side Of Tinker





I was very fond of DOTA that's why oftentimes I write my opinion and ideas.

Last Friday while we were playing with my office mates, Tinker was very ferocious. Tinker plays a good start and ends with same stats if nobody find its weaknesses. Fair enough to disable enemy heroes. Standing straight in the battle ground with fierce brute...unless you know its disadvantages.

In my several observations and testing tinker indeed is a good support hero. It could even play the role of the whole team. Very flexible in different areas, systematic and unpredictable. What I'm trying to point here is to find its weakness. Putting myself as a player, I hate whenever an enemy chooses the Tinker. Hassle starts when tinker moves from map to map to kill heroes. Concentration is needed in order to anticipate its moves. Sacrificing the needs of creep "last hit".

Nevertheless when Tinker maximize its skills everything would be in chaos. With the items like Guinsoo and Shiva's guard, a beyond Godlike situation it is. From the idea of Tinker's power dominating the field I rather think of something to stop the momentum. Searching Tinker's "blindspot" and disable it's pace. Well,in my humble opinion, it is not that Tinker is good at the start; it only matters when it goes unstoppable till the end. So when will be the right time if we can't stop him at the beginning of the game? My answer would be at the mid game.

My observation sees a weakness of tinker if Tinker has to do "farming". In order to farm he has to have a Boots of travell, March and Rearm to do the combo. There is indeed a pattern of its movement. Tinker should move from lane to lane using travel portal and rearm combo. My point of telling you this pattern is to let you realize that this kind of strength of Tinker is only effective when we can't anticipate the pattern. This is the right time to capture the blindspot. This time Tinker would probably be "creeping" alone. Nobody's with him during this period of time. That is why this is the right time to ambush, gangbang and disable him in the game. LOL.

Similar to Pain's(naruto shippuuden) weakness, the 5 seconds blindspot rendered. I see him weak this times that tinker should urgently acquire the position to go creeping by himself. Tinker should go alone to perfectly perform this actions. The basic is to act like a predator. A silent hunter waiting for the right time to catch the prey. Anticipating the lane that he teleports. And simultaneously attack to be more effective. At least 2 heroes dedicated on ambushing tinker to stop him effectively. Try this cause it is effective for me. Happy hunting! :P


Days Of Our Lives:
 
Blog Transformer: Ronald Villapaz

In My Humble Opinion