Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Field Trip to Coca-Cola

When I was in grade school we get a chance to visit to COCA-COLA bottling company here in our place. That was a field trip experience to watch the actual processing of the softdrinks that we see almost everyday in most sari-sari stores. I was very excited that time since it is also a time to relax from school activities and see new things around. When we came to the place, I was really amazed what I saw a whole new world of high tech machines. There were small and big machines that processes all the requirements that made a single bottle of cola softdrinks. I saw the operators and quality inspectors who were busy watching the moving bottles and checking if there were deffects in the processed bottles that needs their attention. Since I was very young, then I find it a very cool place and I was very lucky to visit there.

While watching the machines, it came into my mind to examine the thing that made it move to really to the basic parts of it. Then I realize that all those moving materials were controlled by a big motor/generator to keep on rolling together with the large Belt Guides for the rolling "bottle ways". That will serve as a guide so that the bottles will stay in line going to the filling station. I am not so sure if that is how they called it but I was just describing the way I saw them. And in fact it is my first time to see those great machines that made those little softdrinks.

Afterall I then realize that there are respective machines specialize to create those materials that made the whole company moving. The motors and generators came from big electronics companies around the world that caters such specializations. And the Belt Guides came from different plastic companies all over the globe that offers customed plastic components for conveyors and machineries. One of them is the "Slideways" which has all the sophisticated machines like the CNC lathe or CNC machines that helps them build those products.

No comments:



Days Of Our Lives:
 
Blog Transformer: Ronald Villapaz

In My Humble Opinion